As one of the most affordable sedans, Tesla Model 3 has a substantial benefit over other offered electric cars. The history itself tells us how Tesla developed from Roadster in 2008 until the latest all-electric Model Y compact SUV, hence the latest models would be beyond our expectations. However, if you’re on a budget, Model 3 would probably be the best for you. Here are some features that might bring satisfaction–from priorities to luxuries:
The first priority everyone will look up to: Safety
Overall, the Model 3 has safety designed as the most important part. The rigid metal structure is combined with aluminum and steel to distribute maximum strength in every area. A substantiation had been acquired from a roof-crush test, and the Model 3 resisted four times its mass even when the roof is all-glass since it has impact protection.
How about the autopilot then? As a safety-based vehicle, Tesla Model 3 or other Tesla vehicles made after September 2014 have some Autopilot hardware and software systems, including:
- Automatic Emergency Braking to detect cars or other obstacles that the car may impact and apply the brakes accordingly.
- Front Collision Warning to give warnings of upcoming collisions by moving slower or stationary cars.
- Side Collision Warning to give warnings of potential collisions alongside the car.
- Obstacle Aware Acceleration to reduce the acceleration automatically when the obstacle is detected in front of your car while driving at low speeds.
- Blind Spot Monitoring to give warnings when a car or obstacle is detected when changing lanes.
- Lane Departure Avoidance to correct steering and keep your car in the intended lane.
- Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance to steer your car back to the supposed lane when it detects that your car is departing its lane.
However, Tesla autopilot doesn’t mean it can be fully self-driving or autonomous. The driver still should pay attention.
The Second priority that impacts the safety of a vehicle: Performance
As safe as a safety structure designed vehicle could be, it would be vain if the performance stats do not match the structure. Since Model 3 has the quickest acceleration of zero to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds, therefore these 3 performances are applied:
- 20 Überturbine Wheels and Performance Brakes for more powerful brakes and to lower the suspension for enhanced handling.
- Carbon Fiber Spoiler to enhance aerodynamics and improve stability even at speeds up to 162 mph.
- Performance Pedals are made from aluminum alloy to enhance interior styling.
AWD (All-Wheel Drive) also applies for traction and torque controls in any weather conditions.
Third: a Luxury
As if safety performances aren’t enough, luxuries are added as well in this vehicle. Start from Bluetooth keyless entry until an all-glass roof. Here are some unsurpassable features and why this luxury gives benefits too:
- Bluetooth Keyless Entry. In Tesla Model 3, your Android or iOS phones are used as keys. Model 3 can sense it from nearby and unlocks the door.
- Custom Driver Profile. This feature is to set a different profile for each driver, such as seat height, steering wheel, and other possible settings to create a comfortable drive.
- All-glass Roof. It extends from front to back, creating a sense of openness in a journey.
As expected without doubt from Tesla productions, these safety features and luxuries would bring you a whole new experience.
Source : Tesla